Women are important element of society and GSI, both.
Women who were dormant gender of the Indian population has become active participant in all walks of life. These changes are not overnight but have come with tiny steps taken over the millennia.
Garg Sports International, (GSI) is one of those companies that has taken this issue seriously and assisted woman from small cities to come out and bring – in the change by supporting their family and their own holistic development as self sustain individual.
What is Women Empowerment?
Women Empowerment refers to the creation of an environment for women where they can make decisions of their own for their personal benefits as well as for the society.
Gender equality is both a moral and economic imperative. Closing the gender gap should be a central part of any strategy to create more sustainable and inclusive economies and societies. It is about fairness and equity, the realization of individual aspirations, economic empowerment around the world and growth.
GSI – human resource policies supports women empowerment by offering employment opportunities to females, married women who are interested to work.
(As quoted by Medha Singhal, associated with GSI since – 2014)
Following are the reasons that motivates, “We” married females (maximum percentage of GSI employees) manage to work, keeping away our community’s conservative beliefs, that has bound us from ages:-
- After joining GSI gives us first two months of relaxation, where we produce changes in lifestyle so that we easily acclimatize in the work environment and manage our household chores. A balance and healthy ecosystem both, at workplace and home.
- GSI encourages Self-reflection process. ( it is an efficient tool for developing & enhancing skills)
- Enough freedom to make our own schedules, learn new skills and gain self-reliance.
- Discouraging late night work at work place and NO work from home.
- GSI provides us a friendly culture where the co-workers share easy relationships, work closely with each other, and interact both on a professional and personal levels.